When writing we aim to develop the following essential characteristics:
• The ability to write fluently and with interesting detail on a number of topics throughout the curriculum.
• A vivid imagination which makes readers engage with and enjoy their writing.
• A highly developed vocabulary and an excellent knowledge of writing techniques to extend details or description.
• Well-organised and structured writing, which includes a variety of sentence structures.
• Excellent transcription skills that ensure their writing is well presented and punctuated, spelled correctly and neat.
• A love of writing and an appreciation of its educational, cultural and entertainment values.
Following our Google expedition day in March 2017, the whole school wrote their own short stories based on an underwater adventure. Children then shared their story with a peer, providing them with feedback on what they liked and how to improve further.